The Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI) gathers expert knowledge and experience of the Euro-Mediterranean countries with the objective to contribute to the creation of a unified, integrated Euro-Mediterranean higher education and research area. EMUNI is introducing new activities and expanding the number of projects managed. We are looking for a qualified and enthusiastic project manager to join an international, dynamic and ambitious university that fosters unique opportunities for students and researchers across the higher education sector in the Mediterranean.
Location: Piran, Slovenia
Starting date: May 2017
The project manager’s main responsibilities include planning, executing and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. (S)he is also expected to coordinate and collaborate with international partners to implement foreseen activities and outputs. (S)he is involved in a wide range of support to technical and academic staff.
The Project Manager's responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Preparing project proposals, carrying out and evaluating projects in terms of content and organising, and managing financial aspects
- Preparing reports and documentation for projects, funded by different donors and organisations,
- Preparing reports on projects, educational and research activities, along with materials and articles for PR purposes
- Maintaining contacts with education and research institutions, governmental institutions, NGOs and other partners of the University
- Coordinating with partners to organize events and develop related documents (reports, promotional and press material…etc)
- General administrative and financial tasks related to projects, educational and research activities
Key requirements and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant field, preferably a Master degree
- Experience within the higher education and/or research management areas
- 3+ years’ experience in Project Management, particularly within EU Programmes, eg. Horizon 2020 or FP 7 programmes
- Fluency in spoken and written English, in addition to either French or Italian
- Good command of Arabic is an advantage
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Master of PowerPoint, Word, Excel and communication in social media
- Willingness and ability to travel
- High level of commitment and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Working experience in multicultural environment is an advantage
- Varied work that allows you to continually learn and develop your potential
- An opportunity to work in a motivated team, in an international environment with international partners
- Remuneration in line with salary levels in Slovenia and opportunity for promotion
- Opportunity to live and work in the coastal region of Slovenia, which offers high quality of living
Please send your application (a one-page cover letter and a CV) in English, by 31 March 2017 by e-mail to: email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview to take place in the first week of May 2017.
EMUNI is an equal opportunity employer. EMUNI’s workforce is predominantly women and as such men as strongly encouraged to apply.