Type of the Diploma: Professional Upgrading Certificate
- Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI), Slovenia
- University of Siena (SU), Italy
- Alexandria University (AU), Egypt
- Al Akhawayn University (AUI), Morocco
- Arab Academy for Science, Technology & Maritime Transport, Alexandria, Egypt
- AL ALfi Foundation (AAF), Egypt
The programme aims to equip potential entrepreneurs with the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to implement a project, manage an entrepreneurial enterprise &/or transform an idea into an innovative and sustainable business.
This Diploma is designed for students seeking to pursue a business venture or manage an entrepreneurial enterprise. Students will be exposed to the practical application of business and entrepreneurship theories in entrepreneurial planning, governance, management, marketing, finance, and the online experience involved with running a business.
STRUCTURE and CONTENT
The programme is conducted through a blended-learning approach combining Face-to-Face (F2F) and distance learning (eL) sessions.
The content/duration relationship is designed in such a way to accommodate the schedule of working students and reduce the travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses of students and international faculty. Therefore, 2/3 of the workload is conducted through intensive F2F sessions along 1/3 of the study period, whereas the remaining 1/3 of the workload is conducted through eL along the remaining 2/3 of the study period.
Programme Duration: 12 Months (48 weeks)
- Study period: 36 weeks:
- 12 weeks f2f sessions including study visits
- 24 weeks of eL
- Graduation Project: 8 weeks
- Final Evaluation and students assessment: 4 weeks
- Accredited through one of the European Agencies for Quality Assurance (approximately 75 ECTS equivalent)
- The program for the first cohort in 2016/17 was adopted by the senate of EMUNI University.
Language of Instruction: English
Successful applicants to the programme must:
- Be younger than 40 years old on October 1, 2016
- Have Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) Business or Economics fields
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - CEFR, level C1)
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial thinking and ambition through the submission of a framework for an entrepreneurial project, which is part of the application form.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES (ILOs)
With reference to each of the respective areas of entrepreneurship, graduates in this degree program will be able to:
- Understand entrepreneurship and interacting factors involved in developing an idea into an entrepreneurial venture
- Perform research and analysis involved in investigating an idea as a potential entrepreneurial venture.
- Analyze and Develop business strategies to obtain and sustain various marketing segments in order to increase growth potential
- Assess the marketability and viability of an innovative idea or product in order to design entrepreneurial marketing strategies and effectively target the needs of current and future customers
- Analyze the legal, regulatory, and compliance issues affecting the entrepreneurial environment
- Develop a full, robust business case and a comprehensive entrepreneurial business plan and pitch
The programme is based on a modular structure using the block-model through blended learning that includes three semesters or blocks conducted over a period of 48 weeks. Each block is divided into several modules.
Modules and learning outcomes
The study programme is comprised of 12 Modules, where each module is conducted over 3 weeks (one-week f2f and 2 weeks eL).
- Tuition fees are estimated at 6400 EUR, excluding the costs of students’ travel, accommodation and subsistence, to be paid to EMUNI.
Evaluation will be done through:
- Periodic tests;
- Periodic Assignments;
- Field visit reports and assignments;
- The final graduation project and its pitching
- Annual intake of maximum 30 students
- Al Alfi Foundation will provide 20 Scholarships for Egyptian Students and will cover all their expenses, including travel, accommodation and subsistence.
- In addition, participating Universities from other countries will provide partial scholarships to two students, covering their teaching expenses in their own countries and providing them with travel expenses and accommodation in Slovenia. EMUNI will provide these students with tuition free studies during their stay in Slovenia.